The State of New Jersey
The New Print Shop meets all the requirements by the State of New Jersey and has been licensed to both print and sell since 1969.
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR OUR CUSTOMERS
- All orders AND re-orders must be submitted in writing and emailed or faxed - NO phone orders.
- One order form per prescription order.
- All order forms MUST BE signed by all prescribers appearing on prescription blank.
- New Jersey State Law requires every print shop to maintain prescribers’ signatures on file. A copy of each prescriber’s medical license must be sent for this reason.
- Name written as appears on medical license.
- Each signed order will be compared to the signature on file at New Print Shop. Failure to send a copy of the prescribers’ licenses will delay production of orders.
- Health Care Facilities – need signature of Department Head Physician along with copy of medical license.
- HCFs using Laser Sheets – need name of software used to print.
- New Jersey State Law requires ALL prescription blanks to be mailed to the address of record – the address on file with the State. All address changes must be submitted to the State.
- For Group Practices – written request designates once licensed prescriber for receipt of shipment.
- Lost prescription blanks MUST BE reported to the State of New Jersey and New Print Shop.
- Unused prescription blanks must be shredded and reported to the State of New Jersey.
Certificate of destruction can be downloaded from:
Certification of the Destruction of New JerseyPrescription Blanks.pdf
- In accordance with N.J.A.C. 13:45A-27.8(n), only prescribers in the same licensing category can be printed on the same prescription blank. Ophthalmologists and Optometrists are of different licensing categories, since they are licensed by different professional boards and have different prescriptive authorities by law and regulation.
- In accordance with the Board of Optometrist rules, N.J.A.C. 13:38-2.4(i), “all licensees are prohibited from prescribing controlled dangerous substances as outlined in N.J.S.A. 24:21-5, Schedule I, and 24:21-6, Schedule II.”
- APNs can use only an APN designation title on a prescription blank. No other titles are permitted.
- APNs – NO second side address.
- PAs – up to three additional addresses permitted
- No logos allowed on prescription blanks but prescription information can be imprinted.
Under the New Jersey Criminal Code, the forgery, counterfeiting, or alteration of a New Jersey prescription blank is a crime of the third degree, punishable by a prison term of from three to five years and a fine of up to $15,000. For much more information on the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs' initiative to halt the diversion and abuse of prescription drugs go to: www.njconsumeraffairs.gov.